Always verify regulatory requirements and membrane compatibility before implementing a biocide program. Contact us for more information.
Biofouling is inevitable in every membrane system; however, using our biocides you can minimize the impact of biogrowth on the operation of your RO system. The right biocide program can reduce your need for membrane cleaning, reducing your overall cost of operation. Our biocides are membrane safe and can be used online or offline.
Membrane Bioreactors (MBR) combinesâ€™ membrane separation process with biological treatment of wastewater.
The MBR technology has several advantages over conventional biological treatment:
- Provides high quality effluent suitable for recycle
- Reduces land requirement by 50%
- Lowers bio-sludge production
Our team can help determine the cleaner that will work the best for your application.
Membrane cleaning is an important part of any reverse osmosis, nano-filtration, ultra-filtration, or micro-filtration maintenance program. For membrane cleaning, our Membrane Solutions Group offers a range of products, which are acid- and alkali-based cleaning chemicals designed to remove most foulants and restore performance in all types of membrane systems. Our products are approved by the world’s leading membrane manufacturers, have been formulated and tested at our research laboratories, and have been proved in numerous operating systems around the world.
Water pretreatment can help prevent fouling and scaling. Our pretreatment coagulant chemical product line, was designed to be used in front of multimedia filters to improve the performance of the filter, reducing SDI and decreasing membrane fouling for reverse osmosis systems.
The end result?
- Improved operation of filtration systems and clarifiers, and better downstream operations in the membrane system, reducing your total cost of operation.
- To determine the right filter aid for your feed water and equipment, onsite testing is required. We evaluate which product will achieve the best results for you.
Sicagen Specchem offers a selection of products that can help you maintain optimum feed water conditions to and from your membrane system.
We offer products including dechlorination products and alkalinity source products.
Sicagen Specchem Membrane Solutions team offers wide ranges of antiscalant products for different types of scale.
Our scale inhibitors can save you money by:
- Preventing the need to replace expensive membranes prematurely
- Maintaining efficient plant operation at the highest possible recovery
- Eliminating or reducing the use of hazardous acids
- Reducing water consumption by safely operating at high recovery rates
- Using fewer chemicals
- Producing less concentrate, and allowing for better environmental acceptance of that concentrate
- Reducing energy costs
- Reducing the downtime caused by frequent membrane cleanings
- Whether you’re from a municipal organization that must produce large volumes of clean water, or from an engineering firm that wants to design reverse osmosis systems to operate at higher recoveries, or from an industrial operation, we can provide the right antiscalant that will be cost effective and will prevent mineral scaling of your membranes.